Thursday, May 23, 2013

If I had a Bucket List...

Hey There My Followers!

Me heading out to travel to the 5K
I wanted to give you all an update on something I told y'all about a little while back! Remember me telling you all that I was training for my 1st EVER 5K? So if I had a bucket list (which I don't) Completing my first ever 5K would so be on it. Well it was Mother's Day weekend, and boy did the Lord bless us that day with some AMAZING weather! He is so awesome to us isn't he?? OH YES!!

Searcy Women Run/Walk Clinic 2013
Well, I was so nervous and so excited about this event, I could hardly sleep. I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, and if you know me then you know I like to know about things ahead of time. Lol. Well there wasn't a way of doing that, so I flew by the seat of my pants i mean capri shorts. Lol  When we first got there we go and find my Crew from the Searcy Women's Run/Walk Clinic then we chat and get geared up to do this thang!

Before the Race started, Look at all these Women!!
When it was finally time to line up, my nerves turned off, and the emotions were on full force let me tell you. I stood there with 900 something other women that were there for either their first time, or returning time from years previous. It was amazing, and it brought tears to my eyes, I had made it there and it had been an amazing 10 week journey. I have made some of the most awesome friends, and support group along the way as well. Your hearing from a lady who could barely walk a mile to doing 3 miles in an hour by the end of week 10. WhoooHooo now that is something to get excited about. Along the 3 mile journey there was supporters along the way that were cheering for us runners/walkers. Tell you that you can do it, you got this, not much further, don't give up now! How inspiring! My Leader and another dear sweet friend came back to help/join me after they had finished the running part. It was so amazing to get to finish with these two ladies, and just them coming back after they had already completed was just so sweet and just gave me that extra push I needed.

Crossing the Finish Line!!! :-)
My Goal this year was to just finish. That was it. Well I DID FINISH and guess what??? It was one of my best times too. I finished not last, and I beat my time from clinic with 1 hours 2 mins and 28 seconds. Previous in clinic it had been running around 1 hour and 6-10 mins. So I was super stoked about that too. At the finish line there is this boom booming music and you see all these great people yelling and cheering for you, it makes you feel like you could just sprint to the end! It was so so so awesome!! Did I say that it was AWESOME!!! I can't wait till next year to do this again. My Leader has already told me that next year I am running it. :-) So we shall see. I told her that I would try.
My Awesome Leader and Me.

I want to hear from you all! Y'all are just way to quiet I tell you. Tell me about your 1st 5K experience, or are you currently training to run/walk one? Let me know I would love to hear about it!  Have a wonderful and very very blessed day my Friends.
Me with my own personal Cheering Section. Hubby and Little B.

In Christ,
M


No comments:

Post a Comment